Wednesday, me, R+V, Marc and the mysterious Gustav will do Fulufjällen for 4 (½) days. Am I looking forward to it? Oh hell yes. For reference, this is my pack list for the year.
- Socks (2 pair thick “boot socks” and 3 pair ordinary sport socks)
- Sneakers (for camp and wading)
- “Layer 1”, leggings and long sleeve top
- Trousers (outdoor ones), and suspenders
- 2 t-shirts (“breathing” sport ones)
- “Layer 3”, gore tex jacket and trousers
- Hat and cap (hat for sleeping in)
- Gloves (wind proof fleece, and “layer 3” gore tex)
- Backpack with camelback
- Sleeping bag
- “Travel mattress” (have no idea what its called)
- Packing bags (small ones)
- Some extra straps
- “Kåsa” (no idea how to translate) and mug, and spork
- ½ liter water bottle
- Trangia (and fuel)
- Plastic bag for garbage
- Washing up stuff
- Water bag
- Map and compass
- Extra shoe straps
Hygiene and related stuff
- Toilette paper
- Sun screen
- “Skin moisture creme”
- Toothbrush and paste
- Sports tape
- 1st care stuff
- Mosquito screen
That’s it. Easy huh?
Oh, and whisky!
Let’s just toss them, shall we?
- Daniel Brahneborg rips Anders Wik and Ingvar Åkesson a couple of new ones. Regardingthe FRA stuff. In Swedish: Finn fem fel.
- Conservapedia, my ultimate source of knowledge and wisdom, has this to say: Causes of Atheism. Look at the dancing clowns mama!
- I’m an elitist bastard. Are you? Here’s the second carnival in any case.
- What it says: The opposite sex.
- Conspiracy theorists rejoice! All this tedious mucking about with actually imagining up your own fantasy is over. Now you can all use this instead: The Zionist-Conspiracy-O-Matic.
- The official God FAQ.
- Steampunk cufflinks? Oh hell yes! Steampunk rings? Of course! Etsy have them all.
It is easy to think everyday measures in security are actually worthwhile, if nothing else because we’re doing them. But many of them seems to be just ignorant people getting bad ideas and promoting them. The hysteric airport passenger screening. Swedish FRA (signaltapping). And of course, CCTVs. Now, I generally don’t mind CCTVs, but lets not forget that they, too, are kind of worthless. Here’s what Bruce Schneier has to say:
Pervasive security cameras don’t substantially reduce crime. There are exceptions, of course, and that’s what gets the press.
For those of you that have been trapped under a stone last couple of weeks: Sweden just passed a law mandating the government, using the military organ FRA, to spy on its citizens without the usual “do we think this person is a criminal”-kind of safe guards.
Now, I’m not a naturally political person, but this shit has me up in flames. The stupidity of the idiots in charge is amazing. Let’s take a fall out as example: During the debate before the decision the journalist Richard Slätt of Rix Television, wrote on his personal blog (SE) that several politicians in the coalition could “go to hell”. This is all very well and a sentiment everyone could agree with. Everyone but… Lena Forsman who is chief of communications for Centern (party in the coalition), who wrote (SE) an email of protest to, wait for it, Richard’s boss on Rix…
Get this, she didn’t like him telling a number of people to “go to hell”. She belongs to a party that really liked the idea that the government should be allowed to snoop on its citizens at all times. And now apparently she thinks that she’s perfectly entitled to silence him by pressuring his boss.
Lena Forsman, you’re a moron and you can go straight to hell, and take all the fascist asshats of our traitorous government with you. And if you don’t like me saying so, feel free to cry foul to my boss. I dare you.
And so it is decided. I’ll be in Gothenburg over the weekend visiting Red Eyed Jenna, Mr Jones, the P and alles. I’m looking forward to it.
Of course it was to be Kucinich: Impeachment!
Because low hanging fruit is soooo easy to reach. Here’s two more or less funny and one “damn yes I told you so”: